Greetings friends! Well it's time I humble myself and share that it's not all roses and butterflies in the world of embroidery. Last night I had a few major breakthroughs and some frustrating failures. But it's from my failures that I learn the most...so I thank God for how he teaches me...even when it makes me want to pull my hair out!!! And pulling my hair out is exactly what I did last night.
First the good news: Until now I haven't used proper "lettering" or "monogramming" software for placing my letters. Basically I had a bunch of letters in different fonts, and I had to spend hours (literally) figuring out how to space these letters for words to come out right. Well thankfully, that problem is solved! I've found a website online as well as some downloaded software (thanks cousin Ashley!) that can do the lettering for me. Now I just download the file and Boom! Make it happen. Now I can do more embroidering in less time and can rest assured that the letters are spaced properly.
Now the bad news...and it still pains me to look at it. Last night I went to the store and bought all kinds of fun little things to embroider. In the coming days you'll see fun Christmas dish towels, a few stockings perhaps and one or two more tutu inspired outfits. But last night my main focus was embroidering two little matching dresses for some adorable twins down in Walhalla. Unfortunately I might have to clean out Target for every size 3T dress they have...because I can't stop screwing them up!!! I was so distraught last night at the money I lost in screw ups that Jarred volunteered to give me money out of his "discretionary" funds to help me out. Such a sweetie. My "discretionary" funds have effectively been wiped out through about June because of this little sewing hobby. Thankfully I have some weekly babysitting that is now supplementing my addiction.
Okay enough talk...here they are...
You have to look closely...but that is a HOLE next to the M in what should say Mac. A HOLE!!! My bobbin thread got messed up and ate my sweet little dress. So sad! The Mara dress, although from a distance it looks okay, the writing is not centered perfectly so I'm going to have to redo it as well. *tear* But I WILL...oh I WILL...get these little dresses done. Mark my words. You can knock a Big Girl down, but you can not keep her from getting up stronger!!!
P.S. The dresses look a little witchy in the pictures...but I promise they don't in real life!
Sad!!! But I am excited to see the finished projects! Love you BG
ReplyDelete