Wednesday, October 20, 2010

So many projects!

Since the arrival of my fancy new sewing machine is set for sometime between Thursday and next Tuesday, I am filling my free time dreaming up fabulous ideas and taking trips to the fabric store. Since my initial fabric store visit at the cat motel, I've found a much cheaper, cleaner place called "Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts." It's a chain store, which some people frown upon, but let's face it, I'm a Dollar Store, Walmart lovin', discount-finding kind of gal. I find no shame in seeking a deal. And deals I've found at good 'ol Jo-Ann's! 

If you read my previous post, it set the stage for project #1: a navy blue monogrammed pillow. Now I'll introduce projects 2 and 3. Since sweet Lil' Shug is my ultimate inspiration for this new found lifestyle as a seamstress, I'll dedicate these two projects to her. #2 a purple and orange Clemson themed pillowcase dress, and #3 and hot pink and purple pillowcase dress or jumper. If you've never seen one of these sweet dresses, here's an example: 

Cute, huh? Hopefully mine will turn out! Can't have my little diva looking like a scrub! Below is the fabric, thread, bias tape, and ribbon I need for the dresses, along with some other embroidery thread for monogramming various future projects. I can't wait to begin!!


P.S. Don't you love how I threw out "bias tape" like I actually know what it does yet! Haha YES!

2 comments:

  1. Planning 3 projects -- bwahahaha. Like project 1 will ever be completed. I can't wait till we return the sewing machine in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann's is great, wish we had one here. I've found cute fabric at Hancock and Hobby Lobby too! Good luck with the projects... cant wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete