Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Very First Projects!

My first official sewing project is complete! I made Lil' Shug a dress 100% from scratch! Well, I didn't pick the cotton and turn it into fabric, but you know what I mean. It probably won't be the most well-made garment she'll ever wear, but it was made from the heart, and it is Uncle Jarred approved!





The embroidery font ended up being a little thinner than I wanted it to be, but oh well. For the first time, I'll take it. And let me tell you, I was a nervous wreck as it was being sewn! After I made the dress, I practiced embroidering at least 5 different scraps before I did it, and none of them turned out quite right. As soon as I thought I tweaked it enough, I went for it. And all it all, it turned pretty well. GO Tigers!

Another mini project:
A few weeks ago I bought a Groupon for CafePress.com. I decided to print some t-shirts for the nieces and nephews for Christmas. I was really happy with the boy's shirts, but not thrilled with Lil' Shug's. Then the light bulb went off. BOWS! Every little girls needs bows to complete any outfit. So here it is:


More projects are in the works! Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment