Well hello there. I'm taking to the blogging world to share my latest scheme. Anyone who knows me well knows that I always seem to have some sort of random project or adventure in the works. It's a lifestyle I learned as a child from the brilliant adventures of Lucy Ricardo. She always kept life interesting, and so do I. Evidence of one such adventure can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaqXUmgBYog Yes, that's right, I took a tumbling class for ages 12 and up as a 23 year old. But hey, is it my fault the don't put an age limit on classes? I think not. Even big girls need to follow their dreams! So in the coming months, I have a new goal, chalk it up to being a lifelong learner. I'll be attempting to learn how to sew and embroider. Now you may be asking yourself, "hmm, how did she come up with this one?" It's simple, having a niece. Since the birth of my sweet "Lil' Shug," I have spent countless hours browsing Etsy for outfits, googling the cutest children's boutiques, and buying more gifts than I should. Upon looking at all these precious clothes, I've found myself softly humming, "Anything you can do, I can do better...I can do anything better than you." Well, maybe I haven't been that confident, but I often think about how fun it would be to take the designs I've seen and create them myself, adding my own flare. The creative elements of my personality are craving for adventure. Thus an adventure must begin!
To start this project, I've purchased a brand new Brother Sewing and Embroidery SE-400 machine. However, the purchase of this fine piece of equipment came with a challenge from my fabulous husband. He is not so sure I'll actually be able to learn how to sew from absolutely no experience as well as monogram beautifully. In fact, he said he would only agree to this purchase so that in the future, when I come up with more outrageous projects and ideas, he can always say, "remember the embroidery machine!" And so with that in mind, I move forward. As I await the arrival of my machine in the mail, I'm heading to the fabric store for some cheap practice materials and thread. Although I'll admit to being a little intimidated by the task, I've never faced a challenge I wasn't willing to tackle. With a sewing dictionary in hand and an instructional DVD to watch, I'm ready to begin. And no, I'm not above turning this little idea into my favor. If I can do this successfully, I'll always be able to say, "remember the embroidery machine!" Here's to a lifetime of adventures!
Pictures to come...
As I sit here this morning I raise my orange juice glass to my Big Girl and her gusto. You go dominate that sewing machine. I know you can do it!!!!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteCEO
Mrs. Callura, I have so many thoughts in my mind right now. I feel like a 2nd grader wanting to comment on her friend's journal share. I will follow a similar format.
ReplyDeletePoint: You are MORE adventurous than Lucy Ricardo.
Question: Why does Jarred doubt you?
Connection: One time I made curtains too. (Meaning, if I can sew, SO can you!)
Compliment: I could hear your voice in my head as I read (which of course made me miss you terribly) and adore your inner-dialogue.
Awww you girls have made my day with your comments! Jarred doubts me because he knows I have come up with many ideas in the past...some which I have stuck with...and some which I have abandon. He does have a point. Really, his "doubting" is just strategy for making me more motivated I think!
ReplyDelete