Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Conquering the Fabric Store

In the journey to create my first successful sewing project, I recently took a trip to the nearest fabric store. Although I was confident going in, as soon as I crossed the threshold into the overwhelming room of fabrics, my head started spinning and I deflated like a balloon. I quickly shot the nearest associate a  "help me" smile and slowly worked my way through the store with her assistance. Soon my nervousness turned to disgust as I saw a giant, furry, and overly dirty cat browsing through the aisles, and I instantly decided not to pick any fabrics within reach of the monstrosity. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against sweet, short haired,well groomed kitties...but this thing was disgusting and hair grosses me out! Needless to say, I think I may find another fabric store in the future. This one was a little dirty and seemed overpriced. However, they did supply me with the fabric, thread, and needles I need to make my very first project...a pillow!! Complete with Jarred and I's monogram. We'll see how it goes! I'm still waiting on my machine to come in, but I've already cut and prepared the fabric. I can't wait to prove Jarred wrong!



P.S. The bandage on the side of my face is from a recent trip to the dermatolgist. They seem to enjoy cutting things off me!

No comments:

Post a Comment