Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Special Love Song just for ME

As I was driving home from school today, I heard on old familiar voice come across the PrimeCountry radio waves. My dear friend Reba was singing a love song that somehow I had never heard before. And trust me, I know my Reba. The very first concert I ever went to was Reba with, at the time, little known Faith Hill as an opening act. In my book, The Nights The Light Went Out in Georgia and Fancy are two of the greatest songs of all time. But still, this song, on air today, I had never heard. And as I listened to the lyrics, I couldn't help but think it was my first love singing straight to me. No, not Reba, but a deeper love and part of my very soul. The Southland itself wrote a lyrical poem just for me.

Whoever's in New England by Reba McEntire (however, in my situation, the lyrics are more appropriately "whatever's in New England" and have been adjusted accordingly)

You spend an awful lot of time in Massachusetts (I know, it is an AWFUL lot, I'm sorry!)Seems Like every other week you've got a meeting waiting there
Business must be booming or could something else
Be moving in the air up there

You say that its important for our future (It's true Southland, it is important, please understand)An executive on his way up has got to play the part
Each time duty calls you got to give it all
You've got with all your heart

When whatever's in New England is through with you
And Boston finds better things to do
You know its not too late 'cause you'll always have a place to come back to
When whatever's in New England's through with you

I hear the winter time up north can last forever (Yes, yes it can my dear Southland)And I've been told its beautiful to see this time of year
They say the snow can blind you till the world you left behind
Just disappears I hear

I've packed your bags and left them in the hallway
But before you leave again theres just one thing you outta know
When the icy winds blow through you remember that its me
Who feels the cold most of all

When whatever's in New England is through with you
And Boston finds better things to do
You know its not too late 'cause you'll always have a place to come back to
When whatever's in New England's through with you

I love you too Southland!! I'm sorry Jarred's schooling made me leave you! When whatever's in New England's finished with Jarred, I'll be racing back home to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment