I've officially gotten my feet wet with Applique! It's not too terribly hard. Here's my first practice on scrap fabric. I'm so excited for the possibilities of making more things with this! It could totally take items from a homemade look to a boutique feel. Well, maybe that's a stretch. But we'll see!
My sister and I also had a surprising, fun side project to accomplish late last night before we rung in the new year. She had to play tooth fairy for the very first time! Here's what we threw together. The corner with the embroidery is a pocket for the tooth and tooth fairy money:
And no post would be complete without a few bloopers. Here's my "around the house" sweatshirt that I tried to applique after the initial scraps trial. I blame this mess up on the embroidery website. Apparently the "M" file I used was not sized correctly...and I didn't exactly trim it very well either. The "E" looks pretty good though...aside from being crooked! But let's be honest, if it was perfect...it wouldn't match ME!
The hoop marks are also a little unfortunate. Good thing they'll come out!
It looks great for a first try!!! I am so excited to see what you do next!
ReplyDeleteyou are adorable.
ReplyDelete