Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's a Tutu-rific Day!

This morning before church I decided it was a Tutu-rific day for some craft time! I have a few items waiting in the wings to be embroidered, but unfortunately they need to be washed first to avoided shrinking post-embroidery. And being that Jarred and I don't have a washing machine...they'll have to wait. So I dug through my supplies and found a bunch of fabulous tulle and ribbon. As I'm sure you've seen, tutus are all the rage right now so I decided to give them a shot! Here's my result:

Tutu #1: Go Tigers!


The waist size for this one ended up being a little smaller than I had hoped because I ran out of orange tulle. As it stands, it would fit about a waist about 16 to 17 inches..or about a 12/18 month old. Although there's enough ribbon to allow for some extra growth.


Here's Tutu #2...and I'm pretty much obsessed with it:


I used shimmering pink and green tulle. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it person, the sparkles really add to the cuteness factor. It's for a 20ish inch waist which is about a 3T. That or a 25 year old....if it's tied loosely.






If anybody wants one for their favorite little cutie, let me know. I could make them in pretty much any color. Visions of little girl birthday parties are dancing in my head. Wouldn't tutus be the cutest party favors?!

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely adorable!!! Way to go Mary Ellen! :)

    ReplyDelete