Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For all you Die-Hard Fans

If you or your loved one is a Die-Hard fan of a college football team, then I can call you friend. We speak the same language and share a common love for sport. No matter your team of choice, I respect your decision to follow your boys with reckless abandon...in good times and in bad (and if you're from the state of South Carolina, you have a lot of practice with the bad...perhaps it's how God has taught us patience, perseverance and loyalty). If you find that you love a University with the passion of a million burning suns, and you live and breathe their athletic programs...I have a recommendation for you. Although I received a lot of amazing Christmas gifts, this was one of the most unexpected...and I must admit, one of my favorites: a book entitled Daily Devotions for Die-Hard Fans: Clemson Tigers edition by Ed McMinn.


Each day has a Bible passage to read and then a story from the history of the athletics program that the author relates to the overall Biblical principal for the day. Although some days seem like a bit of a stretch, others are fabulous. Either way it gets you reading from the Word and also teaches you fun things you never knew about the athletics program. Stories of the great legends of the University and tidbits of knowledge that only strengthen your love of God and Clemson Tiger sports. A beautiful thing. I googled it, and there are also books for Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Duke, etc. I think he even managed to pull some good from The University of South Carolina, amazing, I know. Kidding...sort of.

If you know a Die-Hard fan like me that loves the Lord...or maybe someone who doesn't...but loves their sports, this is the perfect gift. It could definitely be used as a tool to minister to some sports fans who have yet to enter into a relationship with the One who paid it all for them! Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment