Next week we should be getting a CD in the mail with pictures of our brains. Can't wait to share those!!
Saturday, May 21, 2011
MRI Day!
A while back I wrote about a research study Jarred and I volunteered to be a part of for both fun and a little extra cash. Since Boston is the research capital of the world, I felt it only appropriate that being in a study go on our must-do list while we're here. One day, while riding the T, I spotted the perfect study for us. It's all about childhood memories and how they've affected who we are as adults. We signed up immediately, and I was so excited! Step one was to fill out an online survey for $25 each. Money in the bank!! Then we were selected to come into the lab for IQ and ADD testing as well as to fill out a million more surverys and an interview about our childhood memories. For this we received $100 each. And today was our final step...and it was a big one! We went in for MRI's of our brains for another $100 each. It was both of our first times to have an MRI of any kind. I must admit I was a little anxious about feeling claustrophobic, but my disgraceful past as a tanning bed user (back in high school before I had 10 precancerous moles removed) prepared me a little bit. When we got there, we realized it was a full body tube and our heads had to be locked in pretty well so as not to move. Needless to say it could have been a recipe for disaster, but we both made it through (with the help of reciting scriptures in our heads so as not to freak out). An hour in the tube and now we're each $100 richer!! Good stuff!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment