This is going to be a challenge for many reasons.
#1: It takes a lot of slow, tedious work with patience. Now, if you know me very well at all, you know I am all about speed and efficiency. I tend to beat speed records for most anything I do. Things that don't have or don't need to have a speed record...I create a race for. So having to work slowly and carefully will be painful but quite refining for me! It is likely that I'll mess up more than a few garments before I learn the hard way that I really must take my time.
#2: I've never actually seen the applique process done. For most tasks, I'm a very visual learner. If I see you do something, I can replicate it pretty quickly. I watch...then I do. It's a pretty easy set up for me...really helped in math growing up. But in this case, I've only heard what to do. Big difference. My sweet cousin,who made the shirts featured above, gave me a tutorial and quick pep talk on the steps to applique at our family Christmas. But now I must put the steps into action. This could be my next great masterpiece or my next colossal disaster. I'm guessing it'll probably be a little bit of both.
Here's to a new embroidery adventure! Hancock fabrics, here I come!!


No comments:
Post a Comment