Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hodgepodge of Embroidery Goodness

Today I got to each lunch with some of my favorite teacher friends from Walhalla. How I love them so! They were so good to me during my first two years of teaching, and I'll forever remember my time there with fondness. They always made me feel like I belonged and was one of them...even though I was a total teaching newbie who was brand new to their community. They spoiled me and now every other school I ever work for has a high standard to live up to! Anywho...one of my friends brought her two precious twin daughters wearing the dresses I embroidered for them a while back.

(Refresher pic)

It totally warmed my heart! It also relieved some of my embroidery fears to see something I've made has actually held up and been done right! Hallelujah!

In other news, here are some promised pics of other items I've made in the past few weeks, enjoy...and let me know if you want anything!

A Duke inspired Santa hat for my sweetie...aka Uncle Jarred. Pardon the creepy Puerto Rican stache, I promise he shaves! 

I'm now dabbling in baby bibs. Turns out they're pretty fun!


A swaddling baby sleeping bag thingy (I'll learn the real name before I have a kid, but I know they are all the rage these days for safety!)


A few decorate serving towels for a dear friend who runs her own catering company called salivate. If you have an event in the Charlotte area, I can hook you up! She's fabulous!



Make up bag

A few hand towels for my aunt who works with deaf children. I was super excited to find this embroidery design since sign language has a special place in my heart! (Sorry for the hoop marks in the picture, they come out)


All of this is only a fraction of the embroidery that's been taking place in the past week. I may or may not have accused my mom and sister of forcing me to work in my "embroidery sweatshop" as I made Christmas gifts.  Haha But each item has been made with love! I absolutely know that the way I show love to others is through gifts, so I'm thankful for the way embroidery is helping me love others!

1 comment: