Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A change of pace - BOWS!

Well hello there! It's been a while! I've had a lovely summer frolicking around the mountains and Boston. How about you? Hope you're well! It's time for a little crafting update. While I've enjoyed my embroidery machine dearly for the past 9 months, I've decided to take a break from it for a while. I'm looking to new adventures in the crafting world, but am not straying too far outside of my baby/child focused genre. After buying my sweet niece/inspiration a few gifts...I discovered the gold mine people must have of making bows. After paying a ridiculous amount for a plain little brown bow, I decided I'd learn to make them myself! Plus, I have various grosgrain ribbon lying around my craft space from burp cloths, tutus, etc that needs to be used. So today I bought the remaining supplies (hot glue gun and barrette closures) and got to work! Here are my humble first attempts at bow making:

I'll call this one "The Sarah"...as it's perfect for any Georgia Bulldog fans out there.

This next one is fall inspired...plus I had limited color choices.

Now for a Clemson Trio in honor of football season...the one week countdown has almost begun people!! Get Excited!!

And finally, a classic and ever fashionable pink. Better known as "The Amy."

Now I must say, I wanted to use alligator clips rather than barrettes for the closures, but Michaels was out...of course. But it's only a matter of time. This weekend my sister and I are planning to make a ton of fun bows together for my niece and hopefully we'll learn some fancy new tricks. Can't wait!

1 comment: