Monday, February 7, 2011

Celtics Game...VIP Style!

Let's face it, most of my posts are for the ladies. Sewing this, embroidering that...BORING!!! (For the boys that is). Well gentlemen, this post's for you! On early SuperBowl Sunday afternoon, Jarred and I had the pleasure of rolling VIP Style to the Celtics vs. Magic game courtesy of his boss, and ultimate beast, Jim. Every year he gets Celtics tickets for the whole lab, and this year he decided to step it up a bit and rent out an entire suite for us. Chu-ching!! I say "us"...the lab of about 20ish plus 3 lucky lottery ticket spouses. Jim had enough tickets for everyone in lab, and then they had the option of entering their name into a drawing for an extra ticket to bring that special someone. Sweet Jarred talked his way into swaying some extra names in my favor. Several of his friends who didn't actually have someone else to bring put their names in the hat for me. Hooray! It caused a little controversy in the lab, but hey...my man does what he has to do. In the end, Jarred's actual name was picked and I got to come. Yay! Here's some pics:


We got there early so we could enjoy the extra perks of premium ticket holders...aka watching warm-ups courtside!! I can now report firsthand that Dwight Howard's shoulders...really are the size of bowling bowls. He is absolutely not human.

Patrick Ewing, a monster!


JJ Redick...with whom Jarred shared a love/hate relationship at Duke for several years. And I must say, he was much bigger in person than I expected him to be. At Duke, he always seemed so small! Jarred also informed me, for anyone interested, that JJ's warm-up routine is exactly the same as it was in college. 

Free tshirts for all! Thanks Jim!



There's a Boston sports museum around the club level floors. One artifact was a NHL penalty box. Which, of course, I had to sit in.

View from the club level.

Thanks Jim, we had a blast!

3 comments:

  1. SOOOOO cool! Your man's got the connections. You can tell him I'm jealous but glad that y'all got to go to such a cool experience at the Garden!

    David Fisk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like yall had an awesome time! I gave you a stylish blogger award so check it out:

    http://www.laforcebewithyou.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete