Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My heart is already in Kenya

Over the past few weeks, as Jarred and I have begun raising support for our Feb. trip to Kenya, I've been constantly scouring the Internet to read more about deaf orphanages and schools. Each new article or website I come across encourages me and leaves me heartbroken at the same time. I'm thrilled when I read about the people who are working hard to give these children the love, education, and support they need. But in the same sentence I usually read more about the neglect and abuse that hundreds of thousands of other kids with disabilities are going through without the resources available to help them. Precious children without the ability to communicate who are being locked in their homes, raped, and tied to trees left for wild animals. My mind can't even wrap around the horrible injustices these children are experiencing. I want to hold each one of them, rock them back and forth, and tell them about how Jesus made them special, and he cares for them even when the whole world is against them. February can't come soon enough...


"Defend the weak and fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
-Psalm 82: 3-4

One of the many articles I've read: http://this.org/blog/2009/10/19/kenya-deaf-school/

No comments:

Post a Comment